Friday, February 6, 2009

We Made It!

I had my 38 week check up this morning at 8:15. I didn't tell my MD though that Ben and I were still planning on making the 4 hour trip to Galena, IL for our marriage retreat. He checked me and then told me I was 2cm and he did something called "stripping the membranes" meaning he slightly seperated the amniotic sac from its attachment to the uterus. Ahhhh! I didn't know he was going to do that. He said that if anything happens from the stripping it will be within the next 24 hours. We ended up making it to Galena no problem and pretty much know where every hospital is on the way from Galena to home. I've been having contractions, but they're not regular, but I've also been having contractions for at least a good week. I'm just praying that we have the next 48 hours to enjoy each other's company before our little one decides to arrive.
We ended up bringing the carseat, bags, etc for the hospital just in case. Eliana just loves playing in the seat. Just wait until we get out the bouncy seat, swing, and exersaucer. It's a good thing she's such a peanut.







1 comments:

Duncan Family said...

a christmas baby and possibly a valentine's day baby!