Thursday, February 26, 2009

Our New Addition

We made it home safe and sound before the WI snowstorm. So, I know Ben wrote a quick note on the birth, but here's a bit more.
I was scheduled to have an induction at 7:00am 2-24-09. Drew had other plans in mind. I was finishing Eliana's bath on Monday night and just before we left the bathroom to head upstairs for stories and songs before bed I felt the gush of my water breaking. Ben was gone to a meeting at church, so I was able to get ahold of his colleague who sent him home right away. He helped me put Eliana to bed and then we rushed around re-packing the bags we had already packed as we had packed them so long ago. Mom came to stay with Eliana and we were off to the hospital.
We got to the hospital at 8:30pm and I was admitted and received an epidural at 10:30pm. Soon after my epidural my blood pressure dropped as well as Drew's heart rate. There were some really tense moments, we could tell it was serious, but the Dr. and nurses were trying to keep their composure. As Ben said, my MD used the vaccuum to assist me in getting Andrew out as his heart rate had dipped into the 50s. He was born a happy healthy boy at 12:54am, 2-24-09!


















3 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations!!! what a BEAUTIFUL sweet baby!!

Laura @ live.laugh.photograph said...

he is precious! CONGRATS on the new addition! You look great after just having a baby too :)

Duncan Family said...

i know how scary that is glad he was able to get him out w/o a cesarian! He looks precious and you look great too! congrats to the berger family!
my mom is in town and said to tell you mom congrats on having a girl and boy now! it's so much fun