Saturday, April 19, 2008

It's not working....again

Just thought I'd let you know I haven't been able to upload pictures to the blog. I'll get more up as soon as I can. I had my last day at the Wisconsin Vein Institute yesterday. It was getting to be to much in that Ben has been really busy lately and hasn't been home as much and I never seem to get out of that place on time. It was always difficult when Ben coached basketball especially because he would be almost late for his games. It's for the better anyway because I really wasn't getting to use my nursing skills and that was the whole reason for going back to work.

On another note, Pastor Raasch's wife (Pastor Raasch is Ben's associate) asked me if I'd be interested in working casual call where she works, Pinnacle cataract and eye surgery center. I checked it out last week and decided to work there instead. They are paying me 1 1/2 times the hourly wage I was getting at my other job, it's in Appleton (not 1/2 hr away), and I get to use my nursing skills again. I actually started my first IV last week since I worked in pediatrics at the hospital. That was a confidence booster. A lady who used to belong to our church is the nurse manager there and 3 other ladies from church work there as nurses, so I felt good about working there. Although, I met Dr. Vrabek last week and he asked me if I was in High School or College? I smiled and politely said I was a 26 year old mother who graduated with a bachelor of science in nursing in 2004. :) I hope I look so young 10 years from now. My primary role will be pre and post op, but I have the opporturnity to learn much more if I'd like.

1 comments:

Laura @ live.laugh.photograph said...

try doing the pics one by one